Persalys crashes on save

Hi all, whenever I click save at any stage, Persalys (windows 10 version) crashes. We didn’t find any log file or error message. Is there any fix for this?

Best regards
Saran

Hello Saran, welcome to the forum,

Does this also occur with a brand new (and empty) study?
If not, would you mind sharing here an example study (both xml and h5 files) that leads to these crashes you are facing?
Thanks and cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this occurs with a brand new and empty study. If I click save at any stage, it just crashes without any message.

Hi again,

A few questions so I can further investigate this issue:

• Are you using a personal or a corporate computer?
  • Did you install it with admin rights?
  • Does the crash occur right after you click on the save button/file>save menu button/Ctrl+S shortcut?
    • If not, do you get chance to look at the save file dialog box before persalys crashes?
      • If yes, do you have access rights to the location you are trying to save the study?

Let me know,
Cheers,

G.

Hi,

I am using a University PC. Yes, I installed using admin rights. It occurs after I click on the save button/file>save or save as menu button. I haven’t tried the shortcut. Yes, I can see the save dialog box and I have access to the location.

Hi Guillaume,

I believe the issue is caused by saving the file to a virtual location. If I save the file on the desktop, it works! Thanks for the help.

Hi,

What are you referring to when talking about virtual locations?
Nonetheless, thank you for your valuable feedback! It allowed us to identify other issues than can occur with file permissions and encoding.
Glad to know you found a workaround though.
Cheers,
G.

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have a virtual machine running Ubuntu on my Windows PC. As Pesalys is installed on Windows, it is having difficulty saving files on the virtual machine. Please let me know if you require any information.