Running on multi core

Hi,

I tried Persalys on Windows (Exe-Installer) and Linux (AppImage) OS. I have set the Tools->Settings “Number of processes” to the number of available cores. When I want to run a Sobol analysis an set the batch size also to the number of cores it still only runns on a single core. I’m using a FMI Model.
On the Linux OS Openmpi-4 installed and available. What am I missing here? What do I have to do to get multi core support?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue. It seems it is not possible to use the GUI to activate FMI model parallelization. We are currently working on a fix.

Meanwhile, you can try to:

• open (with a regular text editor) the xml study file which contains the FMI model you are planning to use for your Sobol analysis
  • look for an object labeled “FMIPhysicalModel”
  • modify the attibute isParallel_="false "to isParallel_=“true”
  • the line should look like this:
<object class="FMIPhysicalModel" id="5" name="FMIModel_0" hasMesh_="false" isParallel_="false"

This fix being rather experimental I would suggest you compare the results obtained this way to the ones you were getting without parallelization.
Please let me know how it goes
Cheers,

Guillaume

Thanks for your answer! At first glance it appears that following things are happening, but I’m sure there is more to debug form my side, e.g. trying with different FMUs, settings etc:

1. The cores are not used in parallel but it is switched between the cores

2. The /tmp/username/JModelica.org/ folder is filling up with unzipped FMUs unfortunately filling up my root drive