Missing Libraries when I execute Persalys on Linux station

Hello to everyone !

When I execute Persalys linux file “persalys-11.0-x86_64.AppImage” with the command “./persalys-11.0-x86_64.AppImage”, differents messages indicate that libraries are missing :

• version GLIBC_2.14 of libc.so.6 on Red Hat Entreprise Linux server release 6.6 and 6.8
  • libGLX.so.0 on Red Hat Entreprise Linux server release 7.5
  • FUSE on Red Hat Entreprise Linux server release 7.9

For the last point, it seems that it’s not really a missing library but (maybe) a problem with the AppImage Linux managing system.

Does anyone know a solution to install the missing libraries and correct the Linux FUSE system ? I thought I understood that the AppImage has the whole package to work independently but I may be wrong…

Thanks you in advance

Laurent

RedHat7.9

Hello Laurent,

Hi Julien,

Thank you for reply.

Ok for the old RHEL version. Fortunately, we have RHEL 7 server where we need to use Persalys…

I send the information you gave me to our support for the required libs to be installed. I do not have the sufficient level to do this kind of thing in Linux :sweat_smile:

They try to to make fuse subsystem work but they can’t. The message is just after :

# ./persalys-11.0-x86_64.AppImage

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

/tmp/.mount_persalX9La7C/AppRun: line 16: 142953 Aborted (core dumped) {HERE}/usr/bin/persalys "@"

Since your messages have crossed, I will wait to see if your solution work and correct this problem…

I will keep you informed.

Laurent

Bye

This means that fuse is ok now.
I suspect some more x11/opengl libs are missing on your machine and prevent the qt plugins from loading.
This may expose the remaining missing libs:

QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 ./persalys-11.0-x86_64.AppImage

:rofl:

That’s what support did (I think - export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1) but I don’t know if they correctly read this file…

I change the extension file…

Laurent

Bye

SBRU40-persalys-11.0-x86_64.AppImage_20211124_01.log.xml (6.8 KB)

I think the relevant line was:
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
That would indicate a problem with your X server configuration.
Do you even have a desktop manager installed ?
Or is it just a remote session without X11 forwarding ?

If I don’t say nonsense, we use a remote session with X11 fowarding :

• mobaxterm connection from my windows computer to linux server
  • X11 fowarding : when I write the command lines “xclock” or “abaqus viewer”, the clock and the abaqus post-processor appear on my windows computer

I ask for confirmation from support but you can tell me if I’m wrong.

Thanks

Laurent

Good news, the Linux version works now.

I asked for information to explain what our support really did for that but I don’t have a response yet.

The problem shoud come from the Xserver as you said before (qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display) because I have this warning on screen when Persalys is opening :

qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 145 (Unknown), sequence: 181, resource id: 0, major code: 139 (Unknown), minor code: 20

I will try to get more informations and post additionnal information.

Thank you Julien

Laurent

Bye

Good news!

Indeed it will be interesting to know how they fixed the server.

j